This was to be the weekend for Holmdel's multi-faceted Winterfest festival at Bayonet Farm, but it was unfortunately cancelled due to problems caused by Hurricane Sandy.
Tree lightings are planned for the end of next week. Holmdel Township will hold a special Holiday Celebration at Town Hall on Thursday night. In Hazlet, the annual tree lighting will be held on Friday, Dec. 7 at 6 p.m., with a Santa visit at the Cullen Center on Saturday morning and a free holiday show by the Perna Dancers at Raritan HS on Saturday afternoon.
But first, this weekend's special events:
Dearborn's Holiday Festival
- When: Sat. Dec. 1st – Sun. Dec. 2nd 11 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Where: Dearborn Market, Route 35 and Centerville Rd. in Holmdel
- What Holiday Foods, Hot chocolate bar, photos with Santa and helpers, living nativity in garden center, facepainting, falloons, live music and dancing for the kids. Also, Dearborn is collecting laundered coats and childrens' boots for the Bridges organization.
- How Much: Free, but the wreath making workshop is $20
Family Puppet Show: “The Lion and the Mouse and Other Tales: Smart and Small Conquers All!”
- When: Sat, Dec. 3:00 pm–4:00 pm
- Where: Hazlet Township Public Library, 251 Middle Rd, Hazlet, NJ 07730
- What: Crabgrass Puppet Theatre as they present tales from Africa, Asia, and Europe
- How much: Free
Dramatic Reading of Dickens' "A Christmas Carol"
- When: Saturday, Dec. 1 at 3:30 p.m.
- Where: Holmdel Senior Center at 6 Crawfords Corner Road
- What: "A Christmas Carol" is the perfect show for the month of December and the Holiday Season. Three skilled professional actors, featuring English actor James Dyne as Scrooge and the Narrator, read Dickens’ own words and perform all the characters in a sparkling one hour reading of this timeless tale of redemption and human kindness.
- How Much: Free
Holiday Lighting Celebration at Vietnam Veterans Memorial in Holmdel
- When: Sat. Dec. 1, 6:00 pm–7:30 pm
- Where: Vietnam Veterans Memorial, Exit 116 at the PNC Bank Arts Center
- What: Lighting of a Christmas tree and Menorah, and a reading about Kwanzaa.
- How much: Free
Knights of Columbus Christmas Tree Sale
- When: Every day from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Where: 54 State Route 35, Keyport, NJ 07735
- What: The St. Joseph Council #3402 Knights of Columbus will be selling Christmas Trees to help raise funds for the residents of the Bayshore area who were effective by Hurricane Sandy. The trees were hand picked by members in Pennsylvania and cut just before Thanksgiving Day.
- How Much: Each tree costs $30 and all proceeds will go toward helping the Bayshore.
Leave a comment at the end of this article letting everyone in Holmdel and Hazlet know about about other special craft fairs, holiday lightings, and other events.
Also, post upcoming events in Holmdel and Hazlet directly into the Patch calendar here. It's free!