An ancient rite continues today. Church pastors will make the sign of the cross with ashes on the foreheads of the faithful. The ashes signify a desire for inner repentence; the cross is a hopeful sign that through Jesus sinners are forgiven.
- Mass with distribution of ashes: 9:00 a.m.; 7:30 p.m.
Ashes all day in Church
- Mass with distribution of ashes 9:00 am; 7:30,
- Prayer service with ashes distribution: Noon and 5:45 pm.
- Space for Grace service with distribution of ashes, 7:30 p.m.
- Soup supper at 6 p.m. followed by Vesper service at 7:00 p.m. which will include the Imposition of Ashes.
- Ash Wednesday Liturgy and Imposition of Ashes offered at 7 a.m., noon and 7:30 p.m. in the Old Church.
- Ash Wednesday service 7:30 p.m.
For church services in the Matawan-Aberdeen area, see Matawan-Aberdeen Patch.