New Jersey Vietnam Veterans' Memorial and Vietnam Era Museum & Educational Center
The New Jersey Vietnam Veterans' Memorial strives to encourage and foster patriotism and provide recognition of the sacrifices, courage and valor of the New Jersey veterans of the Vietnam Era. The Memorial honors the sacrifices made by New Jersey residents who gave their lives while serving in Southeast Asia and, at the same time, pays tribute to all who have served. The Memorial is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week at no charge.
The Vietnam Era Museum & Educational Center strives to encourage and foster a thorough understanding of the Vietnam Era including the political, historical, social, cultural and military aspects that affected the United States, more particularly New Jersey. The museum is open Tuesday through Saturday from 10am to 4pm. Regular admission is $5 for adults, $3 for senior citizens and students and free for veterans, active military and children ages ten and under. Guided tours of the New Jersey Vietnam Veterans' Memorial and Vietnam Era Museum & Educational Center are available to any group of 15 or more people. These guided tours are led by Vietnam veteran volunteers who share their personal experiences. Guided tours must be arranged in advance.
The Vietnam Era Museum & Educational Center welcomes more than 14,000 visitors a year. The two largest audiences are veterans and school students. The Museum and Educational Center was planned to augment the Memorial and help visitors gain a better understanding of the war in Southeast Asia and the surrounding political strife in America. It complements the solemnity of the Memorial with a dynamic and lively learning environment.
- Fax: 732-335-1107
- Hours: The Memorial is open 24/7 -- The Vietnam Era Museum & Educational Center is open Tuesday through Saturday 10 AM - 4 PM
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Founding Date: 1987
- Parking: Free lot
- Are there any interesting facts about this location?: Located on the grounds of the PNC Bank Arts Center
- Features: Benches, Picnic tables
- Services: Gift shop, Restrooms, Tours
- Ticket information: The Memorial is free. Education center: Adults, $7; senior citizens and students, $5; children 10 and younger, free. Veterans of military service and active military personnel: Free.
- Student discounts: Yes
- Senior discounts: Yes
- Private parties: Yes
- Food/drink: No
- Alcohol served: No
- Guided tour languages: English