(732) 946-9562 - Ranger Station
With its glassy fishing pond, wide open fields and first-rate playgrounds, Monmouth County Park System's Holmdel Park is the township's gem. More than a million people come each year to enjoy family time and recreational sports at this public park . Yet it can also be be a place of serenity. Walking the well-marked trails in the quiet woods, listening to the rustle of leaves and singing birds among the towering trees, is a peaceful experience.
The 565-acre free park features Historic Longstreet Farm, an Arboretum, fishing, tennis courts, two playgrounds and in the wintertime, ice skating and sledding trails. There are more than 10 miles of well-maintained paths. Stroller-pushers will prefer the half-mile paved loop linking the pond and playground. Fitness seekers will head up the hills to the shady woods and rolling hills for a energetic challenge. Everyone loves the Marsh Walk, a boardwalk-style journey over the wet forest floor.
- Hours: Typically 8 A.M. to 7 P.M. but varies through the year.
- Handicap Accessible: Paved paths; handicapped accesible bathrooms
- Founding Date: 1962
- Parking: Free lot
- Rink type: Outdoor lake-surface
- Any tips for first time skaters?: It normally takes at a week to 10 days of subfreezing temperatures to produce safe skating conditions. Check webpage before coming to ice skate
- Are there any interesting facts about this location?: Everything is free (unless you need a permit)
- Features: Athletic fields, Benches, Grills, Picnic pavilions, Picnic tables, Playgrounds, Skating rink
- Services: Food/drink, Ranger, Restrooms
- Permit requirements: Fishing; large picnicking groups; commercial filming
- Restrictions: No alcohol
- Wi-Fi: None
- Area: 565 acres
- Features: Fountain, Jungle gym, Merry-go-round, Shuffleboard, Slides, Swings
- Trail types: Cross-country skiing, Hiking, Horseback, Paved
- Scenic views: Yes
- Ride facilities: Trail
- Equestrian shop: No