1. There are six Class C retail liquor licenses in Holmdel Township.
2. Four of them are "active" and in use at , , and .
3. The status of two inactive ones just recently changed. One held by Sunrise Tavern (the owners of the now-closed Asahi Restaurant) was officially transferred back to Prufrock Holding Corp. on Nov. 17. The other one, held by long-shuttered Remington's, was renewed last year. The Township has been notified that the owner of the site is seeking permits from the DEP for some work at the site.
4. Due to its population growth, Holmdel qualified for two more liquor licenses. They are currently for sale. One is for distribution, and the other for distribution and consumption. They are priced at $350,000 and $550,000. The township would like to sell them to help fill a budget gap projected in 2012.
5. The liquor license sought by Antonio and Kim Casola is a state-issued Class A license, which entitles a grape- or fruit-farmer to produce and sell his own wine in a retail environment, like a winery.