Monmouth County Board of Chosen Freeholders and partner municipalities are hosting free paper shredding events to help residents protect themselves from identity theft.
Residents may bring up to 100 lbs of paper to be shredded. Documents should not contain any large binder clips; however, staples and small paper clips may be left on. The event will stop when the truck is full.
The truck will be behind Holmdel High School on May 22. There will also be other venues in Monmouth County throughout the spring. The schedule is as follows:
- Saturday, April 16 – Red Bank, Marine Park at One Marine Park
- Saturday, May 21 – Freehold Township, Municipal Complex at One Municipal Plaza
- Sunday, May 22 – Holmdel High School, 36 Crawfords Corner Rd. (behind the school)
- Saturday, June 4 – Spring Lake Heights Elementary School, 1110Hwy. 71 (entrance is on Brighton Avenue)
- Saturday, June 18 – Millstone, Wagner Farm Sports Complex, corner of Baird and Woodville roads