The Hazlet Fire District will hold a public vote on the 2013 Annual Budget on Saturday, February 16, from 2-9 p.m. at the Cullen Center, 1776 Union Ave. in Hazlet.
The fire district budget pays for hydrant maintenance, the Office of Fire Prevention, and mandatory training and equipment. A future capital expenditure fund is used to pay for command vehicles.
The following is the 2013 Annual Budget:
Hazlet Township Fire District #1 Adopted Operating Budget
Total Revenues: $2,050,061
- Unrestricted Fund Balance: $50,000
- Restricted Fund Balance: $190,000
- Interest: $400
- Other Grant Revenue: $8,601
- Fire Prevention Revenues: $120,500
- Amount to be Raised by Taxation: $1,680,560
Total Appropriations: $2,050,061
- Administration: $112,269
- Costs of Operations/Maintenance: $1,295,349
- Fire Prevention Costs: $120,500
- Debt Service: $231,943
- Reserve for Repairs: $100,000
- Capital Replacements: $190,000
There are two vacancies on the Hazlet Fire District Board of Commissioners, which serves as the Fire District's governing body and manages all operations. Each seat is for a three year term.
The public will also vote on the Commissioners' election at the Feb. 16 meeting.
The Hazlet Fire Commissioners' meetings are held at the second Wednesday of the month in Town Hall and are open to the public.