In 48 hours, PSE&G has cut the number of Woodbridge residents without power by two-thirds.
It's an accomplishment; after Hurricane Sandy hit earlier this week. But it's still not much comfort to the 3,840 customers who are waiting for their electricity to be turned on.
When asked to post where the electric is out, 57 Woodbridge residents on Facebook posted streets and the parts of the township where they are waiting for service.
All parts of Woodbridge are still affected, but the main area with the most number of homes without power seems to be Port Reading.
Ninety percent of Middlesex County residents have their service restored, said Ralph LaRossa, president and chief operating officer of PSE&G.
LaRossa said the Sewaren substation, which had been flooded by the Hurricane Sandy storm surge, is back online. But he cautioned, "It doesn't mean every circuit has been restored."
The information people can get at the PSE&G website isn't static, LaRossa said. As circuits go in, and sometimes out, of power, the number and locations of where service exists changes.
LaRossa said he couldn't give details on individual streets. But the company did say that Woodbridge is one of the towns they are focusing on for service restoration.
Eighty percent of the schools in the utility's service area have had service restored. There was no indication if Woodbridge schools were in that number, but since the school district is now in its fall recess, school won't resume until November 12, well beyond the time period PSE&G has for full electric restoration in New Jersey.