Invite a friend
Holiday Lighting Ceremony at the New Jersey Vietnam Veterans’ Memorial in Holmdel
Holiday Lighting Ceremony at the New Jersey Vietnam Veterans’ Memorial.
Sponsored by the New Jersey Vietnam Veterans’ Memorial Foundation, Vietnam Veterans of America Chapter 800 from Bergen County and the Jewish War Veterans, Department of New Jersey.
The ceremony includes the lighting of a Christmas tree and Menorah, and a reading about Kwanzaa.
|Where||New Jersey Vietnam Veterans' Memorial and Vietnam Era Museum & Educational Center Exit 116, Garden State Parkway, Holmdel, NJ 07733|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Time||6:00 pm–7:30 pm|
More About New Jersey Vietnam Veterans' Memorial and Vietnam Era Museum & Educational Center
The New Jersey Vietnam Veterans' Memorial strives to encourage and foster patriotism and provide recognition of the sacrifices, courage and valor of the New Jersey veterans of the Vietnam Era. The Memorial honors the sacrifices made by New Jersey residents who gave their lives while serving in Southeast Asia and, at the same time, pays tribute to all who have served. The Memorial is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week at no charge.
The Vietnam Era Museum & Educational Center strives to encourage and foster a thorough understanding of the Vietnam Era including the political, historical, social, cultural and military aspects that affected the United States, more particularly New Jersey. The museum is open Tuesday through Saturday from 10am to 4pm. Regular admission is $5 for adults, $3 for senior citizens and students and free for veterans, active military and children ages ten and under. Guided tours of the New Jersey Vietnam Veterans' Memorial and Vietnam Era Museum & Educational Center are available to any group of 15 or more people. These guided tours are led by Vietnam veteran volunteers who share their personal experiences. Guided tours must be arranged in advance.
The Vietnam Era Museum & Educational Center welcomes more than 14,000 visitors a year. The two largest audiences are veterans and school students. The Museum and Educational Center was planned to augment the Memorial and help visitors gain a better understanding of the war in Southeast Asia and the surrounding political strife in America. It complements the solemnity of the Memorial with a dynamic and lively learning environment.
Other events here
- Memorial Day Celebration at the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Mon, May 27, 11:00 am–12:00 pm
- POW/MIA & Gold Star Mother Ceremony at Vietnam Veterans Memorial Mon, May 27, 11:00 am–12:00 pm
- What You Should Know about the VA Health Care System Sat, Jun 8, 10:00 am–2:00 pm
- Modern Vietnam: A Fulbright Scholar's Perspective Sat, Jul 27, 1:00 pm–2:30 pm
- 3rd Annual Car and Motorcycle Show to Benefit the NJ Vietnam Veterans' Memorial Foundation Sun, Sep 29, 11:00 am–4:00 pm
- The War Power and American Foreign Policy: Vietnam to the War on Terrorism Sat, Nov 9, 1:00 pm–2:00 pm
- Veterans Day Ceremony Mon, Nov 11, 11:00 am
- Annual Holiday Lighting at the Memorial Sat, Dec 7, 6:00 pm