Microdermabrasion Treatments in New Jersey
Microdermabrasion treatments, a less aggressive approach than dermabrasion, make use of a minimally abrasive instrument to gently sand the skin, removing the thicker, uneven outer layer. This type of skin rejuvenation is used to treat light scarring, discoloration and sun damage and there’s even microdermabrasion for stretch marks. This technique also helps to thicken your collagen, which results in a younger looking complexion. Collagen is a protein in your skin that’s abundant when you’re a child and makes skin appear taut and smooth. Collagen production declines as we age, resulting in looser, uneven skin.
Special considerations, risks and recovery
- Any discomfort experienced as part of microdermabrasion is usually short-lived. This can include redness and swelling, which should subside within a few hours. Later, you can expect the skin to be flaky and dry for several days. Additional risks include the following:
- Bruising which can occur from the suction, which may last several days.
- Your skin will be more sensitive to sun exposure. Be sure to use sunscreen, especially immediately following a microdermabrasion session.
- Eliminate age spots and black heads.
- Eliminate hyperpigmentation (patches of darkened skin).
- Exfoliate your skin, resulting in a refreshed appearance.
- Lessen the appearance of stretch marks.
- Reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
- Reduce or eliminate enlarged pores.
- Treat acne and the scars left by acne.
At Jeunesse Medical Spa, we are dedicated for providing you with the high quality and safe treatments with proper guidance. So you do not have to worry about anything. Just call us @ (732) 739-3033 for an appointment and we will definitely give you the best treatment in Monmouth & Middlesex County, New Jersey.