We hope this message finds you safe, warm and dry. As we may be struggling to put our lives back together please be aware that the danger of contracting head lice has not been put on hold. If you are bunking with friends or family head checks are more crucial than ever. Keep in mind that living in close proximity can be conducive to spreading lice.
- Be mindful of head-to-head contact
- Avoid sharing pillows in crowded sleeping situations
- Sleep head to toe
- Don't share personal items like brushes, hats or towels
Many of us are flocking to the movies to pass the time. We heard about several cases of lice in families that have no know social connection to one another. These families have gone to the same movie theater and saw the same movie at about the same time. Most likely their lice cases are a coincidence and not from the Movie Theater but here are a couple of suggestions when you go to the movies…
- Wear a hoodie sweatshirt, put the hood up and stuff your hair in the hood
- With an adhesive lint roller, roll it all over the seat back before you lean back
We do not want to cause panic in anyone but please do head checks on your children. Detecting lice in the first two weeks can help prevent a complete infestation of your entire family and whatever family or friends that may be staying with you. If you have any questions or would like to come in for a thorough combing head check please call Lice Lifters of the Jersey Shore at 732-440-4760.
Licelifters of the Jersey Shore