Rain is in the forecast but there are still plenty of things to do close to home this weekend.
- St. John Vianney High School presents final weekend of "Legally Blonde" at the high school. Friday and Saturday at 8 p.m. $3 for students.
- Holmdel Theatre Company presents "The Taming of the Shrew" at the Duncan Smith theater in front of Holmdel High School. Opening weekend. Friday at 8pm; Saturday at 8pm; Sunday at 2pm. Through April 7. Ticket prices are $22, $17 for seniors, $12.
- Raritan High School of Hazlet presents: "The Wizard of Oz." Friday at 7pm; Saturday at 2pm and 7pm. Price: $5 for students, $7 for adults.
- Garden State Players present: "The Vagina Monologues" Monday and Tuesday, 7:30 p.m. at Trinity restaurant, 84 Broad St., Keyport. All proceeds will benefit 180: Turning Lives Around. General Admission is $25; students and seniors are $15.
- Holmdel artist Grace Modla's watercolor and mixed-media artwork will be on view at the Duncan Smith Theater. The solo art show, called "Untamed," will be on view March 23 through April 7. Free.
Especially for Kids and Families
- Holmdel "Eggstravaganza" at Cross Farm Park. An Easter egg hunt. Holmdel Recreation event for Holmdel residents only; free. Grades K-3. Saturday, 10 a.m.; raindate Sunday, 10 a.m.
- Sold out: Fairy Garden Workshop at Dearborn Market. Cost is $50 which includes instruction, container, potting materials, plants, and miniature fairy. Saturday at 10:30 a.m.
- Keyport St. Patrick's Day Parade. Saturday at 1 p.m. Beginning at St. Joseph's Church on Maple Place, the parade will move over West Fourth Street and continue on Maple Place. Then it will head down to West Front Street and end at Fireman's Park.
- Kite Making at Historic Longstreet Farm, Holmdel Park: Saturday 2:30-2:30 p.m. Free.
- Easter Egg Hunt, sponsored by Gateway Church of Christ. At the Historic Williamson Farm, 19 Reids Hill Road, Morganville. Saturday, 11 a.m. - 2 p.m. Festivities include Easter Egg Hunt, Bounce House, Glitter Tattoos, Spin Art, 50/50 Raffle and more. Bring a bag or basket. Rain Date is Saturday, March 31st.
- Mad Tea Party at Dearborn Market: Sunday beginning at 11 a.m. Meet the Queen and Mad Hatter 11am – 2pm; Coloring Table 10am – 4pm; Mad Tea Party Photo Opportunity 10am – 4pm (Printed Photos for $2.00); Cookie Decorating 11am – 3pm (3 cookies for $5.00)