TELL US: What is Open in Holmdel or Hazlet?
Calls were placed to many local gas stations and grocery stores in the area, and most went unanswered or unable to connect.
Patch has been trying to find some local grocery stores or gas stations that might be open Thursday afternoon, but we haven't had much luck.
Patch reporters placed phone calls to many stores in the Holmdel-Hazlet Patch directory, but most didn't pick up. Other calls were disconnected or resulted in busy signals.
The one gas station that did answer, Hazlet Plaza Gulf, was out of gas as of 1:45 p.m. Thursday, but an employee said they expected to have more "in a few hours."
Attempts to reach the following gas stations were unsuccessful:
- Exxon on 46 Main St., Holmdel
- Exxon at 2122 State Route 35, Holmdel
- Exxon, 2055 State Route 35 and Palmer Avenue, Holmdel
- Exxon at 3328 State Route 35, Hazlet
- Spirit, 695 Holmdel Rd., Hazlet
- Woroco-Keansburg, 241 State Route 36, Hazlet
- Shell, 1355 State Route 36, Hazlet
- Lukoil Gas Station, 78 Bethany Rd., Hazlet
- Racestar, 44 Route 36, Keansburg
It was a similar story with grocery stores, with phone calls to the following businesses going unanswered or unable to connect:
- The Pathmark Super Center, QuickCheck, Angel's Deli & Convenience Store, Costco, Sam's Food Market, Super Foodtown, Quik Food and Farmers Market in Hazlet
- A. Casola Farms, Best Yet Market, A&P Fresh and Dearborn Market of Holmdel
Do you know of any area gas stations or stores open in the Holmdel-Hazlet area? Share your knowledge below for your friends and neighbors.