Holmdel Schools Revise 2012-2013 Calendar
To make up 4 instructional days and 2 extra for bad weather, the district will make the following changes.
Superintendent Barbara Duncan has announced Holmdel Township public schools calendar changes as a result the Hurricane Sandy disruptions.
Duncan said that she consulted with the school board, administration and president of the teachers' union to hammer out the following solution.
"I know that the changes may inconvenience some of our staff and students," Duncan said in a statement. "I hope that you can make the necessary arrangements to maximize the instructional days. The State of Emergency brought on by the hurricane has had, and will continue to have, an impact on all our lives. I hope that you are all safe and well."
Holmdel Public School Calendar Changes For 2012-2013 School Year
- Instructional Days missed due to the storm – 10/29, 10/30, 10/31, 11/1, 11/2, 11/5 & 11/7
TOTAL = 7 Days
- All 3 Snow Days were used for the Current School Year. We need to make up 4 Instructional days.
- School re-opened on 11/12/12
- Proposed plan to make-up the four (4) instructional days and build in two (2) anticipated snow days by opening school on the following days:
- January 21, 2013 – MLK Day, Full Day for everyone
- February 15, 2013 – Friday before Presidents’ Weekend, 4 Hour Session for students, full day for staff (PD)
- April 1, 2013 –Full Day for everyone
- May 24, 2013 – 4 Hour Session for everyone
- June 25, 2013 – Instructional Day, Full Day for everyone
- June 26, 2013 – Last Day of School, 4 Hour Session for everyone
Additionally: March 22, 2013 will be a 4 hour session for students. However, staff will have a full day to fulfill professional development requirements.
In the event that winter weather requires us to schedule additional make-up days beyond the two anticipated days we are building in, they will be added to the calendar in the following order as needed:
- March 25, 2013 (First day of Spring Break- Passover begins at sundown)
- March 27, 2013 (Third day of Spring Break)
- March 28, 2013 (Fourth day of Spring Break)
In the event we do not use the two (2) snow days added to the calendar, the district will close in the following order:
- May 24, 2013, District will Close for everyone
- May 28, 2013 District will Close for everyone