Hazlet Mayor Tinker: School Closed Thru Nov. 9; Power May Not Be Restored Until Nov. 6
Join a conference call 10 am Thursday to hear directly from the mayor.
The following is from the Hazlet Township Facebook Page update, posted around 8 p.m Oct. 31.
** CODE RED UPDATE ***
Mayor Tinker and the Office of Emergency Management directed that the following message be transmitted to all residents:
Let me start by addressing some of the many rumors we have heard.
1. Shorelands Water Co. Has been in full operation since before the storm. Their water is clean and safe to drink. There are no plans to shut off the water now or in the future.
2. There are no plans to shut off natural gas in Hazlet.
3. If the water or gas companies have an unanticipated need to shut off utilities we will be notified and we will immediately pass that information on to you via a CodeRed message as well as on our websites.
4. School will definitely be closed through November 9th.
5. JCP&L continues to state that full power restoration will not happen before November 6th.
6. Updates will continue to be posted to the website, Facebook and Twitter throughout this emergency.
7. In order to give everyone a complete update and to provide much more details on everything from trick or treating to power restoration, Mayor Tinker will host a townwide conference call at 10 am Thursday morning that you can dial into to hear first hand from all of our emergency management commanders and key municipal officials. In order to participate in this call, you will need to have the following information:
a. To access the call, dial area code 213-226-0400
b. When prompted, enter conference code 655648.
c. Please remain on the line and the call will start automatically.
Have a good night and please stay safe.