Ash Wednesday Services
For many Christians today is the first day of the season of Lent.
An ancient rite continues today. Church pastors will make the sign of the cross with ashes on the foreheads of the faithful. The ashes signify a desire for inner repentence; the cross is a hopeful sign that through Jesus sinners are forgiven.
- Mass with distribution of ashes: 9:00 a.m.; 7:30 p.m.
Ashes all day in Church
- Mass with distribution of ashes 9:00 am; 7:30,
- Prayer service with ashes distribution: Noon and 5:45 pm.
- Space for Grace service with distribution of ashes, 7:30 p.m.
- Soup supper at 6 p.m. followed by Vesper service at 7:00 p.m. which will include the Imposition of Ashes.
- Ash Wednesday Liturgy and Imposition of Ashes offered at 7 a.m., noon and 7:30 p.m. in the Old Church.
- Ash Wednesday service 7:30 p.m.
For church services in the Matawan-Aberdeen area, see Matawan-Aberdeen Patch.