Holmdel Kindergarten Registration Feb. 21-23
An announcement from the Board of Education.
Kindergarten Registration in the Holmdel Township Public Schools for the 2012-2013 school year will be held in the Village School New Multi-Purpose Room as follows:
Those children whose last names begin with the letters:
A through I will be registered on Tuesday, February 21 from 9:00 – 10:45 a.m.
J through R will be registered on Wednesday, February 22 from 9:00 – 10:45 a.m.
S through Z will be registered on Thursday, February 23 from 9:00 – 10:45 a.m.
It is not necessary to bring your child(ren) with you. They will be invited for an activity at a later date.
Children will be admitted to kindergarten provided they are five (5) years of age on or before October 1, 2012. In order to enroll a child for kindergarten, parents must present:
1. Birth certificate or passport displaying proof of age.
2. Proof of residency, i.e., Deed, Title, Closing Statement (HUD), or lease or rental agreement (everyone must show proof of residency, even if there is an older sibling already attending the Holmdel Township Public Schools).
3. Two of the following as supporting documentation of proof of residency, i.e., two utility bills, homeowners insurance, driver’s license, voter registration, recent tax bill.
4. Documentation of immunization* against:
a. Diphtheria, Pertussis and Tetanus (DPT) last dose on or after 4th birthday
b. Poliomyelitis (OPV) last dose on or after 4th birthday
c. Rubeola (regular measles)
e. Rubella or MMR combination (2 doses of a measles-containing vaccine)
f. Haemophilus influenza type B (Hib)
g. Hepatitis B (three dose series)
h. Varivax (chicken pox vaccine) or physician’s note documenting child had disease.
5. Acceptable immunization documents include records from a healthcare provider, health department or a previous school. All documentation submitted in a language other than English must be accompanied by a translation sufficient to determine compliance.
ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS REQUIRED BUT IN ORDER TO EXPEDITE THE PROCESS, IT WOULD BE HELPFUL IF YOU PROVIDED COPIES OF THE ABOVE DOCUMENTS AS WELL. COPIES CAN ALSO BE MADE AT VILLAGE SCHOOL.
If you have any questions, please call Louise Marchesani, Carolyn Bongo or Teri Aniello at the Village School main office (732-946-1820).
*Please note: Students will not be admitted to Kindergarten in September without all immunizations completed. Those with September birthdates must provide a physician’s note indicating when these boosters will be given.